The Hurricane Heat is all about teamwork. Typically, these team-building events will last anywhere from three to four hours, though be aware, the Krypteia are known to go as long as six hours or more. Our best advice to you, come prepared for the unexpected. The Hurricane Heat is a unique event, traversing on and off the Spartan Race Course. Hurricane Heat Participants will be assigned a team upon arrival and will be expected to work together to complete any and all challenges set before them. Remember, you can't finish alone.
HURRICANE HEAT — STANDARD ITEM GEAR LIST
• Athletes MUST wear a black shirt. This can be a t-shirt, a sports bra, a tank top, whatever you want, but it must be black.
• 1 headlamp (per… person). It will be dark, this is 100% Mandatory.
• 1 black sharpie marker per athlete.
• 2 chemlights
• 1 hydration pack, backpack, ruck, purse, whatever you want to call it. Whatever you choose, you must be able to carry your own water supply.
• 4 salt or electrolyte packets. If you start to cramp up, eat the packets and drink some water.
• 2 — 4 energy gel shots or energy bars, whichever flavor you prefer.
* You will receive any additional gear list items via email one week prior to your event weekend.
A courtesy gear list video is often posted before the email lands. The video can be found in the event page, on the main Spartan Endurance Facebook page and teh Spartan Race Youtube channel.
Finishers will receive a unique Hurricane Heat T-shirt, Hurricane Heat Dog Tags, and a Hurricane Heat Delta wedge.